Sunday, September 24, 2006

I have freed myself from SUV ownership. I feel like I’m now not such a big part of the pollution problem or a contributor to the coffers of big oil. I feel like I’m doing less damage to the environment and not contributing so much to the chaos in the Middle East. As you can tell, owning an SUV gave me some guilt. Well now I’m absolved. The car I bought is small and gets about 40 on the interstate and solid low 30s in the city. I’d rather have a hybrid, but I couldn't possibly afford one.

2 Comments:

Blogger LC said...

Congrats! Every time I get in my vehicle to drive somewhere I feel guilty and selfish, especially when everything I NEED is within walking distance. However, we no longer live to survive it's all about what we WANT. Although I try to keep the wants to a minimum, they overwhelm me from time to time and I give in.

What bothers me more is how much we act out of guilt (a reaction) than being proactive. Thoughts?

6:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations! hm. it's good that you don't drive much too.

6:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home