Thursday, September 21, 2006

Last night my girlfriend and I went to check out Corollas. She has an old one that has more than done its time on the road. The poor thing needs to be put down. So we quickly learned Corollas haven’t changed much over the years and still appear to be great cars. The only problem is they are about 20 grand to get off the lot.

We took the time to look at the Yaris and I have to say it looks way more impressive in person. Unlike the old Toyota Tercel and Echo, this car just didn’t feel cheap. It also didn’t feel like it would fold up into a wallet size ball if rear-ended by an Expedition. I was so impressed I’m debating trading in my gas guzzler for one.


What I liked best about it is people, actual people, report getting high 30s driving this thing.
While it will not distract people from your small wee wee the way a Hummer does, it definitely is about 67* times more fuel efficient. I was impressed by this car and in a time when gas prices may never drop below $2 a gallon and summers aren’t getting any shorter, maybe it could be a viable option for those of use who would love to buy a Prius, but can not afford the mid 20s sticker shock.

The Prius probably doesn’t live up to its hype anyway.

*Not actual figure.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home