Monday, September 10, 2007

Every year around this time my thoughts turn to Jake Jagoda. He lived down the hall from me in college. It was a few months after the attack that I learned Jake had died on 9-11. I’m sure our paths would have probably never crossed again in this life, but I cannot help but wonder what might have become of Jake if he had the chance. He had just started his first “real” job.

I couldn’t begin to express how bad I feel about the fate of the Jagoda children. Some families just seem to carry a heavier burden than others. All three of the children died tragically in Jake’s family. You can read the article here.

Jake and I weren’t very close, but I knew him enough to see he was a happy guy who liked a good time. He was that low-key kid that would smile, wave and go about enjoying the simple things most of us overlook. I have no doubt he enjoyed every minute he spent on earth. I also don’t doubt I’ll think of him this time next year, and the year after that and the year after that…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home