Monday, July 23, 2007

I cannot believe I just read the last line of the last Harry Potter book. I know, I know. Adults who read Harry Potter are absolute losers who need to grow up and stop reading children’s books. I agree with you 100 %. That is to say I did until I had 2 weeks of vacation time to burn and absolutely no money to go anywhere in the fall of 2005. So I took a journey to Hogwart’s by way of a Palm Coast living room. I have to honestly say it didn’t take long before I was zipping through the books in 2 or 3 sittings. Considering how many pages each of them ran, that is saying a lot. This last one was nearly 800 pages long and I was done in less than 3 days. That was while holding down a job and still remembering to shave, shower and eat.

The first two movies never caught my interest, but it was on the cinematography and fantastic story of the third film that I decided to give this series a chance. I guess the point I’m getting at is if you are anti-Potter (as I DEFINITELY was) then I say take a chance and read one of the books. I had every reason to hate the books spanning every excuse from religion to a burning desire to not be perceived as a total dork. Today, the way this series ended actually brought me to tears and I’m not one to cry. I certainly didn’t cry when George Lucas finally wrapped up the Star Wars saga and I lived and breathed all things Star Wars as a kid. Reluctantly as an adult I came to know a story that rivaled and perhaps even surpassed the lore of the Skywalker family.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I though you lived in Jax?

I'm confused.

6:33 AM  
Blogger MC said...

With me being the guy behind the guy, do you think I could have true appreciation? I don't think my Flagler education prepared me to read more than the blurbs in OK! magazine.

9:38 AM  
Blogger Jeff and Christy said...

Am I the only person on Earth that hasn't read those damn books!!

4:57 PM  
Blogger SLO-Diggity said...

We're going on a month with no blog Dj Johnny. You still alive?

6:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home