Monday, June 04, 2007

What color is my parachute?

So I suppose we all go through this crisis of faith in life. I can not find my path, but I have learned this much. Trust your gut.

Last weekend I went all the way down to Miami to attend an orientation for a PhD program I was accepted into. Somewhere around hour 5, I realized this isn’t what I want to do with my life. As I phrased it that day “this isn’t where I parked my car.”

I guess what irks me is I am 31 and still unable to hang a label around my neck. It’s cool to be this free floating unencumbered Renaissance man, but I need somewhere to hang my metaphysical hat on this journey called adulthood.

I did a BA in English, because I love to write. I did a masters in Computer Science because the English BA wasn’t exactly knocking down doors. Essentially, I have all the skills to be an unpaid blogger. Can you get a job in blogging? Maybe a gossip blog or some actual news?

So lets all have a prayer vigil for Paris Hilton. Why is this news? She did something dumb and now has to deal with the repercussions. I don’t know that she is a bad person. Just let this be a lesson to all the spoiled little girls with oversize glasses and purses stuffed with little dogs that no matter who you are, when you break the rules, there are consequences. I think our generation has forgotten that and someone like Paris Hilton should serve her time and try to be a positive example for her fans. Will she? Who knows?


There, that is celebrity gossip. Now can I have a paycheck?

1 Comments:

Blogger SLO-Diggity said...

"What do you do with a BA in English?" - Avenue Q.

I'd pay ya to blog. Actually my company does have people we pay to blog so maybe those gigs do exist. Either way, good luck with your quest to find your purpose :)

7:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home