Monday, June 11, 2007

I need a vacation


By vacation I mean somewhere exotic. At the very least somewhere I haven’t been. The last few years, the only time I get out of Florida is a week in New England around Christmas. Both places have their charms, but I really need to see the open road and something new. You can only see the same two places so many times. Plymouth Rock was a huge disappointment the first time I saw it, so it doesn’t exactly beg for multiple visits.


What I’m craving is something to take my breath away. Like the Grand Canyon or any suspension bridge in the state of New Mexico. These things are so massive that words and pictures fail to do them justice. Those are the experiences I crave. It seems on the east coast we’re limited to staring at the ocean. The ocean is beautiful and it does look awe inspiring from time to time. I just need something to remind me how petty my humble existence is. When you stare into the open mouth of a comet hole and realize the bottom is miles away, it puts stressing out about paying off your credit cards into perspective.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jeff and Christy said...

I recommend Jamaica! Breathless! We went there for our HM and on our cruise last year. I've seriously thought about selling everything we own and moving there. Jamaicans are so laid back (they're probably high) but I love it!

5:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home