Saturday, December 18, 2004

"Woe to those who make unjust laws, to those who issue oppressive decrees, to deprive the poor of their rights and withhold justice from the oppressed of my people, making widows their prey and robbing the fatherless. What will you do on the day of reckoning, when disaster comes from afar? To whom will you run for help? Where will you leave your riches? Nothing will remain but to cringe among the captives or fall among the slain. “Isaiah 10:1-4


Sound like anyone you know? Yup, that’s Ol W alright. I really don’t see how the majority of Christians have overlooked the BLATANT ways in which Bush embodies nothing of what Jesus taught. It gets under my skin and I know I revisit this issue often. I guess it was the final nail in the coffin for me and the “church.” I can not bring myself to go anymore, because inevitably the subject of our leader comes up. Why oh why do they not see?


So here are some other choice pieces for you to think about.

"You shall not misuse the name of the LORD your God, for the LORD will not hold anyone guiltless who misuses His name."- Exodus 20:07


"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world." James 1:27
"The righteous care about justice for the poor, but the wicked have no such concern." Proverbs 29:07
"So now the Lord has put a lying spirit in the mouths of all these prophets of yours. The Lord has decreed disaster for you." I Kings 22:23

I just don’t think God is political. Sorry. This country was founded on Christian principles, but when that is simply an excuse to bring up God’s name, it is a disservice. No one has dragged the Lord’s name through the mud as much as this administration. I’m certainly not going to say Ronald Reagan was a saint, but he was a pious man who prayed daily and was a practicing Christian. The difference is he never used his faith for political gain.

Out there somewhere is a tape of W saying “so what do we need to do to get the Christian vote?” or better yet “f--- the Christians. I just want their votes.” I hope this tape surfaces!

I guarantee you if Jesus himself came down and told W to give up all his worldly possessions and begin to work towards ending poverty, war, the class system and discrimination, he would chuckle and go right back to business. You see, those are the things Jesus espoused in the bible and those are the very values W spits on every time he has the audacity to mention God, Jesus or his “faith.” Good luck people, because if you (heart) Armageddon, you picked the right guy.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

you are f---ing brilliant.

(lia)

11:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home