Friday, October 22, 2004

All you need is drugs…drugs are all you need.


OK, I’m getting ready to piss some people off, but here goes. Drugs are bad, mmmmkayy. Seriously, I don’t understand why people still get high at this point in their lives. I really don’t. When I think of adult stoners, I think of The Dude, of course, but also some smelly guy who lives in the back on his VW bus. I know there are plenty of responsible people who just like to get high from time to time. I just don’t understand it. Of course, I’d be the last person to tell anyone what to do with their lives. I just immediately feel a certain amount of distance go up between me and people that I learn are pot smokers. I’m the same way with heavy drinkers. It just isn’t my scene and maybe it is my bad to be judgmental. I just don’t see the point in getting stoned.

Pot to me represents hanging out in the field by high school before class or driving to the beach late at night to hide form the cops back in high school. The key word here is HIGH SCHOOL people. If your opinion is different, share. I’d like to be enlightened, because so far, laziness, weight gain and apathy are three things I’ve found plenty easy to acquire without needing to self medicate. So unless you are in a hugely successful rock band or have no aspirations to do anything with your life, then it is time to put the pipe down.

Just my two cents. If you feel differently, hit me up (ha ha I said “hit”) because I can think of at least two people who don’t share my opinion. It is, after all, just my opinion. I’m not going to lecture you or get angry with you for how you live your life, but I have just ask much of a right to tell you I think it is dumb as you have the right to smoke a bowl. I can accept it, but I can not support it.

Happy toking.


5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow. Your emails were sufficient. This really wasn't necessary. I don't know if I should be flattered or angry. I'll choose flattered. I'm young and have more than my share of responsibility--which I manage quite well (and I manage to shower at least once a day). When I start neglecting my job, bills, child or hygiene then it's time for the intervention. (Said lovingly.)

2:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No, actually- you have more right to comment on the pot smoking than the pot smoker has to smoke. Commenting on Pot smoking isn't illegal.

While pot isn't "that bad", I share your view. I even go further: I don't understand people who start smoking tabacco as an adult. I can understand the folks who started in high school "cause it looked cool" or whatever and are now addicted. But someone who takes up smoking past the age of 18 makes no sense to me.

(lia)

7:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK wait-- can I comment on the comment? I'm sorry, I don't know you or whoever wrote that comment (and is obviosuly the inspiration for this entry) but homeboy or girl: Why wait to start neglecting your child before you stop? Obviously you know that pot smoking could cause you to become a less than your best parent or you wouldn't have said it. So why put you and your child in that situation? Maybe your kid is two and you figure there's no way he/she will know you're getting high. But at what point are you going to stop? My dad smoked pot when I was young and let me tell you: when a four year old wakes up in the middle of the night and walks into the living room where her dad is lighting up, she senses the situation is not right. She senses the guilt and wonders what her daddy is doing wrong. When she finds out about it later it taints her view of him as a stong, upstanding person and once she's in high school and sees the stoners it irks her to think her dad's like them.

8:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A little bit of advice to whoever posted the comment above, "Don't talk about something you know nothing about." The author of this blog and I have a very long history. He chose to write this blog after I told him I had smoked TWICE while on VACATION. I gave that up after high school with no plans to return. I too grew up with a father who smoked, and I am nothing like my father. So perhaps you could remember when responding to blog entries that you do not know the situation, and this blog only gives you one very lopsided view of the situation. I understand that it probably touched a nerve that reminded you of your father. I've had similar reactions. But I always put my child first. However, I am not perfect. I think the fact that I do not drink, do not smoke, and have done the above only 3 times in the last 8 years says enough about this. You do not know me nor are you reading my blog. Feel free to post comments, but please leave me out of them.

6:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry for starting a fight on you blog Jonathon. :)

5:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home