Friday, August 27, 2004

Soda sucks!
At least that is what I tell myself. I have long been addicted to the junk and every year for lent (practicing lent is a harder habit to break than Catholicism) I would give up soda to test myself. Indeed, it was a test. I would also find loopholes, such as believing Sprite and 7Up aren’t really sodas (hahahaha) or drinking lots of sweet tea or even worse, coffee. I drink coffee about once every three months normally, but each time I got off soda, I craved the junk.


Well here is the weird thing…this time it just sort of happened. I have always been a big water drinker, but given the option, I’d drink an equal amount of soda. About a month ago I was sweating away at the gym and really felt like I accomplished something. Then I made the mistake of looking at the “calories burned” readout. Almost twenty minutes of full throttle sweaty exertion has earned me exactly 150 calories burned. 150 calories is exactly what is in a tiny can of Coke. So I made a deal with myself. Next time I have a Coke, I add 20 minutes to my workout. For some reason, my craving for Coke has lifted.


1 Comments:

Blogger Janet said...

I used to drink a lot of soda, just because it was there. Then suddenly I started drinking water. Now when I drink soda it tastes so sweet. Ironically though the only time I find that I crave soda is when I'm super thirsty, although I realize the water probably does a better job at actually quenching my thirst.

Wow, that's more than I ever thought I'd write on the matter.

5:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home