Friday, August 20, 2004

There are about 8 billion reasons I no longer consider myself Catholic and this is one of them.

The Catholic Church seems to have lost their copy of the Bible

Matt 15:1-3 "Then the scribes and Pharisees who were from Jerusalem came to Jesus, saying, "Why do Your disciples transgress the tradition of the elders? For they do not wash their hands when they eat bread." He answered and said to them, "Why do you also transgress the commandment of God because of your tradition?"

I’m not trying to judge anywhere here, but it seems to me that a church built around Jesus would pay a little attention to what he had to say about the fundamentals of his time… the Pharisees. They were hung up on tradition and Jesus was none too pleased. I only write about my own personal beliefs when I am reminded how very moronic the modern “church” is. What would Jesus do? I’ll tell you what he wouldn’t do. First, he wouldn’t use people like the Pope and W as his mouth piece. Second, he wouldn’t doom the population of third world nations to an AIDS epidemic by telling his church condoms are bad. I also don’t think he would get hungup on unleavened bread. What do I know? I’m just some guy who went to the trouble of actually reading the Bible instead of nodding blindly at everything the president, pope or pastor says. To paraphrase Bon Jovi; “shock to the heart and you’re to blame, you give God a bad name.”



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home