Thursday, July 29, 2004

Last night I listened to the Ben Kweller CD again at Borders. I almost abandoned my new music abstinence. Of course, he does sound an awful lot like the Violent Femmes. Turns out he was the front man for Radish back in the day. I remember rescuing their CD from the trash bin at my college radio station. It blows my mind that this guy cut an album that many years ago and is now only maybe 23.

Speaking of back in the day, I just remembered that my freshman year of college we were one of the first schools to get “smart chip” style technology in our IDs. Basically it meant you could buy books or whatever else you may need from the bookstore with your card and it would just come out of your financial aid. I found a loophole and realized I could buy cigarettes with the card from the college bookstore. Can you believe they even sold cigarettes in a college bookstore? I’ll let the school remain nameless of course. God I miss 1994 sometimes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home