Saturday, May 06, 2006

Have you ever noticed Wyclef Jean always says something like “refugee all stars in the house” whenever he makes a guest appearance? Aren’t the Fugees a group and not an individual? That is like me walking into a room and saying “Troop 242 in the house.” I was once a Boy Scout after all.*


OK, that was bugging me. What is also bugging me is the price of concert tickets. Just out of curiosity, I took a peak at the Fiona Apple tickets for tomorrow’s show in Orlando. Now I’m not the biggest Fiona Apple fan on the planet, but I’d drop $20 to go see her concert. I’m sure she puts on a good show. Maybe we could discuss Mia Angelou afterwards.

Well tickets start, yes start, at $50. I’m sure she wonders why the show isn’t sold out. Fiona honey, you’re not that caliber of star. U2, Coldplay, R.E.M. that can sell out for those prices. You might be a great singer/song writer, but it has been a good decade since you were the “it” girl. Of course if you roll around half naked in a bathtub like the good old days, then you might get a second wind.



*For the record I know they are a group again, but when did he get power of attorney?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home