Monday, April 10, 2006

I gave up Catholicism for Lent.


I just finished explaining why to a coworker.

Aside from the dozens of things I don’t agree with Catholicism on, I can honestly say their stance on birth control is the straw that broke my dogmatic back.

Why, oh why, would you tell over crowded third world countries that their people would be sinning if they practiced birth control? Especially places where AIDS is rampant. I’m not even going to get started on this.

As Dante once said, I’m not even supposed to be here today.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Right on! That was my first debate about Catholicism with my mom, I was about twelve years old. Me and my religion of birth have not gotten along for years,now. Honestly, the recent developments and "advice" given about birth control domestically and worldwide should be pushing everyone over the edge.

4:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home