Tuesday, January 31, 2006

David Lee Wrath



So this weekend, some tool and his inbred wife decided to join our table uninvited at the local watering hole. It went downhill from there. While I was pretty much hurt/angry from the minute the guy told me I look like the dude from “King of Queens” I guess I’m the last person to say exactly what happened. Since the other two people who were there read this blog, they can feel free to comment on my clouded details.


Aside from that obvious jab, he mumbled a bit about me being a fat and lazy bastard and then stated I was just sitting there because I “couldn’t kick his ass.” Truthfully, I’m not proud about how very ready I was to do just that. Normally I try and avoid the type of little man syndrome most of us under 5’9” let dictate our lives. That night, if he wanted to throw hands, I was more than willing.

Dude let it be known he was an ex-marine and he weight trained. Funny thing is I don’t think either would have helped him much since he was so drunk just keeping his eyes open was a challenge. I was just hoping and waiting for the guy to make some type of physical move, because my expression told him I had enough of his $h1t. He kept pointing out I was saying “your cool” but in reality giving him the look of death. To his credit I was.

It took me some hours later to calm down. I was just flat out angry. I haven’t wanted to punch someone so much since high school. Unfortunately my bad attitude carried on for a couple of hours and I wasn’t exactly the nicest guy to have to ride home with. Peace was restored and apologies were made. I’m proud that I took the higher ground and didn’t get into it with this guy, but I’m not proud that I was looking for any reason to. I’m about the most non violent person on the planet and unfortunately that night I was more than willing to step out of character.

So later, I made a mental list of reasons this guy was such a jerk.
1. His wife looked like Steve Buscemi in a wig
2. He lived in Middleburg
3. He is three years older than me and looks at least 40
4. He’s going bald
5. He has 4 kids
6. His wife lost her job at Winn-Dixie
7. Some youthful indiscretion led him to get a Punisher tattoo on his forearm.

In retrospect, I kind of felt bad for the guy. I don’t know what he had to prove. Truth be told though, I could have taken him in any verbal battle he wanted and in his condition; I don’t think a physical showdown would have been pretty either. Moral of the story, you’re never too old to have someone push your buttons. I need to work on not being so hyper-sensitive, because who cares what some drunken idiot thinks?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home