Friday, September 30, 2005

Remember “Liquid Television” on MTV?
Good
It had some interesting things on there and was
generally entertaining. On thing that never managed to
capture my attention were the “Aeon Flux” segments.
Even at the height of my teenage hormone rages, the
mostly nude characters on this abstract steaming pile
of celluloid didn’t interest me. I have a feeling I’m
not alone. Well someone decided to make a movie out of
this cartoon and even managed to get Charlize Theron.
Excuse me, Oscar winner Charlize Theron, to star in
it. I can think of 1,000 other things I would rather
see on the big screen. Mike Judge could probably make
another entertaining Beavis and Butthead flick, maybe
showing them approaching 30. “King of the Hill” would
even be an entertaining 90 minutes. There are probably
a dozen 90s shows that would be better than “Aeon
Flux” on the big screen. I think “Northern Exposure”
would be a great film. Seriously, do I need to move to
Hollywood? Well if Japanimation inspired spank
cartoons interest you, then you can see Charlize
Theron’s descent back into mediocrity here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home