Friday, October 15, 2004

Not that I ever planed on being a programmer, but this makes me wonder if I’m not wasting my time to get a degree to wipe my ass with. I guess I need to get money hungry, because otherwise, I’m going to spend my life scraping by. It is fine in and of itself, because I’m about as materialistic as a Buddhist monk, but a long time ago I concluded that the only way I’ll be happy is to not have a job. So maybe I should look for some way to get filthy stinking rich and then divide said wealth in $30,000 a year allocations. You can live really nicely on that, especially if you aren’t spending $1.95 a gallon to commute to work everyday. I think I need to play the stock market and make my millions and then sit on them. I suspect most rich people get so caught up in keeping up the appearance of being rich that eventually they become a slave to the crap they bought. I’d be perfectly happy with a studio apartment that’s mostly furnished by crap my Mom and Grandma left me. I don’t need much honestly, but I certainly am getting tired of running on the treadmill of adulthood. Maybe I should become a priest and not have to deal with all these bills. Let the church pay them. I could use their resources to go to third world places and make a difference in the lives of people who have a lot less than we do. For having more than we need, we sure are greedy with what we have.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home