Tuesday, November 21, 2006

I just saw “Stranger Than Fiction” and it was overall an entertaining movie with good acting and a decent premise. It also got me thinking I could come up with a decent movie script. So many people get told they are funny or a good writer or some other assorted talent. How many actually chase that dream? Even more to the point…how many succeed?

I could be a good writer if I put forth the effort to learn things like grammar and syntax. Instead I treat both like a booty call made at 3 in the morning, not because I’m looking to get some action, but because I’m looking to finish a term paper. Sadly I have a degree in English. Granted, said diploma is not from Harvard, but it is from the 3rd best school in Northeast Florida and that has to account for something.

So maybe I’m funny too. I’ll admit I have a sharp wit and the few times I have come in contact with people who make a living being funny I've managed to crack a smile or two. Does that mean I can do stand up? Probably not, because my humor is based less on a routine and more on a quick and dry wit. I’ll likely be the next guy opening for the Artist Formerly Known As Kramer. No matter how bad I am, I wouldn’t drop the N bomb. Unless of course I was in Alabama. Rule #1, know your audience.

So if stand up is out and the great American novel doesn’t appeal to a lazy cat like myself, then I guess I will just blog. Besides, all great comics are Jewish. Despite my mother issues, my ridiculously poor self-image and my love for Rye Bread, I’m decidedly not Jewish. Although I’d consider converting, but that would be harder than learning grammar and syntax, writing the great American novel and going on a stand up tour.

Maybe SNL will take me on. If the Democrats can win on the “hey, we can not be any worse than the current guy” platform, then I think SNL should give me a shot at writing. I could always gain back the 30 lbs I lost and maybe tack on another 70 and become the resident fat guy. I already have a great nickname. I could replace Horatio Sanzs and be “Fellatio Sans” or more accurately Sans, Fellatio.

Out like oversized handbags!
Happy TD

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home