Saturday, January 14, 2006

This morning, I was up at 6 and on my way to work. It was truly a brilliant and beautiful sky. REM once called it a “memory kind of sky” and that is exactly what it was. If you were going to film a vampire movie and needed the perfect full moon shot, this was it. The thing was so engorged and bright; I almost put my glasses on. It’s funny how clouds seem to move around this type of moon to get out of its way.

While I was captivated by the lunar cycle, which culminates in a full moon tonight, I was noticing lots and lots of birds. Literally, I saw flocks of hundreds gathering along the road. Maybe it is my distant Seminole blood from shaman ancestors of decades past, but I got this gut instinct something is going down. Maybe I was just overreacting to the fact the weather changed from rainy, humid and warm to cold, windy and dry in the course of 6 hours. I’m just feeling something in the air.

I don’t know much about astrology, but I do know when Mercury is in retrograde weird things happen. Last I checked, we were not in that cycle. I have had a few people tell me there have been wires crossed and miscommunication in their lives lately. So I know I’m not alone on this. Of course, the weirdest thing that has happened to me lately was losing my GameBoy games. I opened my luggage after the holidays and it was gone. So somewhere at Logan airport, some TSA employee is passing his downtime with Dodgeball and X Men.

Jay: We're gonna bust up that stage like a high school kegger. We're just gonna outwit Lafours "X-men" style.
Brodie: Should I call you "Logan", Weapon-X?
Jay: No, "Wolverine"! Snicky snicky snoin!...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home