Wednesday, August 31, 2005

“You were right when you said all that glitters isn't gold
You were right when you said all we are is dust in the wind
You were right when you said we're all just bricks in the wall
And when you said manic depression's a frustrated mess
…You were right when you said you cant always get what you want
You were right when you said it's a hard rain's gonna fall
You were right when you said were still running against the wind
Life goes on long after the thrill of living is gone
You were right when you said this is the end”
~Built To Spill

Do you ever think about it? Life does continue minus the thrill.

This idle Wednesday has become a day of resolutions. I was busy having my 3,867th crisis about turning 30 when I saw a flyer for the YMCA they just opened down the street from where I work. They are waiving the application fees and contract for the next month. So it was like a sign from God. Lots of gyms will waive fees, etc, but the YMCA never seems to do that type of stuff. So I could join with no fear of paying for something I will not use. Except, I know I’ll use it. When I lived a mile from my old gym, I went like clock work every morning. So I can see this working. It will be an effective way to use my lunch break. That time is otherwise spent sitting in my car (which is fun in Florida in August) jonesing for a smoke and listening to something depressing like Catherine Wheel. So maybe instead of having my daily internal dialogue of “go back to work” versus “drive away and never look back” I can instead go let off my frustrations about life on some poor stack of weights.

The funny thing is, unlike a lot of folks, I know I will use my gym membership. So maybe by the big 3-0 I’ll be in shape again. If not, at least I tried. Now I need to tweak my diet a little more.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home