Wednesday, December 20, 2006

I really hope this isn’t what it sounds like.

I’m in my 30s and have an existing heart condition. So I’m probably draft safe. Yet I hate to see anyone forced into the military. Especially for such a stupid cause. If we were under attack here at home, I’d gladly fight and defend us. For such a pointless and deadly operation, there’s no reason for anyone to get drafted into Iraq.

Honestly if Duhb wants to send some more young people into the fire, I know at least two that are just sitting around the White House and not doing much. The truth is the children of privilege will be safe and sound. The kids that fight this war, draft or not, will always be the same ones that get sent into any conflict. It will be the inner city minorities that don’t have many other opportunities. It will also be the farm kids from the mid west. Between the factory jobs being outsourced and the government taking over farming, the country and city jobs of America are gone.

If the draft is political suicide, then ask yourself what the present administration has to lose? Unfortunately the strictly political answer is nothing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home